Thursday, 2 August 2007

Oh no - not another scriptwriting blog!

I've been meaning to start this blog for ages, but as I haven't got a computer of my own and have to go to the library, computer time is precious. But now having sold my first play, I should have the dosh to buy a comp and also have something worthwhile to blog about.

Also - I've gone and done me bloody back in! Two weeks ago, I was at home, getting ready to go out, when twang! The wind-up elastic band in me back (not sure of the medical term) just snapped. Agony? You know that bit in 'The Devils' where Olly Reed has his knees smashed in ...? Nowt. Compared to this.

Getting better now - I can actually walk, and even stand up (for short periods) Thankfully, the library is only a five minute walk from my house, although, this being Leeds, it is at the top of a bastard steep hill - funnily enough (Ha! Ow!) it's much worse on the old broken lassy going downhill.

It is something we need to be aware of though. I thought I was doing everything right, sturdy chair with back support - James Moran posted about his back problems, and the way he wrote sounded like a US army prisoner stress position - but the end result is the same. So er, be careful out there, in your armchair.

Shit - I really didn't want to start this blog with a moan.

2 comments:

Lucy V said...

Hi Forest, welcome to the club! Hope your back gets better... could be worse, you could give birth: now THAT'S back pain you can do without whilst you're doing something even more painful...

Females will always win the pain competition! ; )

Forest said...

Cheers Lucy, Back's much better ta, but now you've gone and turned it into a competition so I'm going to hack my foot off with a rusty saw - that'll show you girls, oh yeah.